Yoga for Special Needs Training: Foundations
This yoga course for those with special needs lays the groundwork for integrating yoga into the care of children and teens with autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, emotional and behavioral disabilities, anxiety, and down syndrome.
Aspiring and experienced yoga instructors with the vision of serving those with special needs can complete Foundations as a stand-alone course or as the pre-requisite for the Stretch What Matters 95-hour RCYT Yoga Alliance Teacher Training. Foundations was created by Elizabeth Goranson, founder of Stretch What Matters and M.S.Ed., E-RYT-200, RCYT.
- Explore the history of yoga, along with the ways that yoga increases physical, social, emotional, and mental well-being
- Review the unique needs of people with autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, emotional and behavioral disabilities, learning disabilities, anxiety and down syndrome
- Learn the components that make up a complete yoga session and understand how to apply yoga within your already existing routines and schedule
- Understand how to accommodate different learning styles throughout a yoga session
- Demonstrate yoga poses with the Stretch What Matters Yoga System
- Learn mindfulness and meditation practices, plus yoga activities that build skills and confidence
- Translate research data and personal performance levels into individualized yoga plans
- Apply your new skills to an abbreviated teaching session and receive supportive feedback
- Acquire an overview of the business side of yoga
Registration + Payments
To register, complete and submit the registration form.
Course Fee: $550
I always felt there was something missing in the way I have looked at and geared my education. So many of my students will benefit from Stretch What Matters. I learned an incredible amount of information this weekend, and my eyes truly were opened to a new path. Your program has given me so much inspiration and has led me to think of my career and what happens next!Emily
Thank you for such a mindful weekend of self reflection, learning, and love. This weekend has brought about inspiring life changes for us and those we work with. Thank you, with sincere appreciation and awe, for all of the preparation that went into creating this.
I absolutely loved this program! I am recommending it to parents, educators, social workers, school counselors, and school psychologists. Using yoga as a vehicle makes so much sense! Elizabeth brought humor, love, a sense of calm, acceptance, optimism, and openness to the weekend. I clearly see her passion and enthusiasm for this work.
Where do I begin? I learned so much this weekend! Most of all, I learned that yoga can be applied to ALL individuals. The benefits are endless!