On-site Training in Special Needs Yoga
Lay the groundwork for understanding, creating, and using yoga as a path to healing for children and teens with special needs. Our 3-hour, on-site training is designed for parents and caring professionals: teachers, clinicians, therapists, counselors, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, school psychologists, certified yoga instructors.
The Stretch What Matters on-site training provides a compassionate, practical framework for bringing yoga to children and teens with autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, cerebral palsy, emotional and behavioral disabilities, anxiety, and down syndrome.
- Gain insight on how yoga works at the physical, social, emotional, and mental levels
- Learn the components that make up a complete yoga session and understand how to apply yoga within your already existing routines and schedule
- Understand when and how to apply breath work, meditation, and movement
- Acquire hands-on experience with the Stretch What Matters Yoga System
- Design yoga activities that build confidence, develop cooperation skills, and support differing learning styles within each component of a yoga session
Need Grant Support?
Grant money has helped schools and organizations achieve funding for their Stretch What Matters on-site training and Yoga System purchase. We can direct you to grant funding sources, offer you a grant proposal template, and review your grant prior to submission. Please contact us for grant writing support.